Monday, September 6, 2010

Post #8750, The Chicken Kitchen

I have the joy of working for a hellacious company (whom, to protect their identity and my job, I've decided to remain nameless) downtown near Discovery Green Park. After you take into account the hassles of traffic, parking, and avoiding the bullshit stories from the local beggars, one of the few advantages to working in this side of town would be the Park Shops. One of my favorite fast eating establishments located within this venue would have to be the Chicken Kitchen. 



Many of my fellow professionals who graze in the Four Houston Center over lunch do not have much experience with this place. I will admit that I was initially  skeptical, but I have since come to embrace a certain portion of the menu cleverly labeled The WRAPITOS.  For you puntards, these menu items are the illegitimate child of the wrap and the burrito's one night stand.

Newbies like to initiate themselves with the Chicken Kitchen via their "famous" Chop-Chop. I and most people I have known who have tried the Chop-Chop are not fans. Pictured below is the Oriental Chop-Chop. What word would I use to sum up the Chop-Chop? Bland.


I always get the FAJITA WRAPITO with: Yellow Rice, Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese, Gauc, A TOUCH OF SHREDDED LETTUCE (because if you are not careful it's easy for fast food clerks to assume you are a rabbit and douse your food with lettuce), pico, MUSTARD CURRY, and CHICKEN (duh). The location in the park shops offers a SPINACH tortilla, which happens to be my favorite. However, the kitchen in the tunnels and Rice Village only offers FLOUR tortillas. Bitches. Unfortunately, the photo taken below was while dining at the location in the tunnels.


The MUSTARD curry CANNOT be missed (pictured above). It is awesome. If Indian men could jizz this stuff then I would be pulling out my copy of the Kama Sutra quicker than you could say, "Gandhi". Seriously, the mustard curry is worth it all.

The Chicken Kitchen is a great lunch local because it is quick, some-what healthy, fresh, and affordable. You'll be more than full off of a delicious WRAPITO and a drink for under $10.

BLOGGERS NOTE: Try to avoid the location in the tunnels because it is near a restroom and it frequently smells like you are inside a bathroom stall where someone just finished taking a serious #2. Only serious foodies can look past these outside factors to be able to still enjoy their meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment